Health & Personal Care Programme
BBC Children in Need funds us to deliver our Health and Personal Care Programme for 60 young people who attend our Youth Club.
The aim of Health and Personal Care Programme is to enable the young people to be healthy and to be able to make informed choices about their health.
The projects delivered at both bases aim to provide Caxton’s members with the same information and access to health services as their non-disabled peers, ensuring their safety.
As part of this programme Caxton Youth Organisation provides:
- Sessions on the topic of Relationships and Sexual Health help young people develop a specific set of behaviours to conduct himself/herself appropriately and responsibly in matters of relationships and sex.
- Opportunities for young people to learn about and take responsibility for their own personal hygiene
- Specialist training on coping with stress, so that young people are able to acknowledge emotions/frustrations and voice them appropriately.
- Substance Misuse Awareness sessions, so that our young people understand that it is neither legal nor healthy to take non-prescription drugs.
- Mixed Martial Arts & Self-Defence weekly, to maintain physical and mental wellbeing, and stay safe.